Samsung Tablet Fire Burns Through Mattress

Credit: Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service

When’s the last time you thought about your kid having a tablet and walking around the house or falling asleep while using it?  This might change the way you think about such things.

One British boy from Staffordshire, England may need a new mattress.  The Manchester Evening News reports that an eleven-year-old boy awoke to a rectangular hole in his mattress after plugging in his Samsung tablet overnight.  Fire officials say the four-year-old device burned the mattress down to the springs and covered the bedroom with a layer of black soot.  The boy was unharmed, and they say he is lucky a full-on blaze did not break out.  Samsung has not made an official comment.

You might say this is another “Black Mark” on Samsung after the battery fires from a few years back.