Mac and Deb’s Marry Me Chicken is a tasty delight and we just got married so it just might work! Deb did 90% of the cooking while Mac did 90% of the eating.
- 3-4 chicken breasts (note: double everything except chicken for more sauce!)
- 1T oil
- salt, pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 t. thyme-substitute fresh if you’d like
- 1 t. red pepper flakes (less if you’re hot sensitive)
- 3/4 c chicken stock
- 1/2 c heavy cream… yummy
- 1/2 c sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/4-1/2 c Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375. In a very big oven-safe skillet, heat oil above medium -high heat. Season chicken to the extreme with salt and pepper and sear until it looks gold. (4-5 minutes per side) pull from pan and place on a plate.
- Bring skillet back to an average heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add thyme, red pepper, chicken stock,and heavy cream. Cook everything for 5 minutes, stirring often. Stir in sun dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Continue to cook for a few minutes.
- Put chicken back into skillet and spoon sauce over chicken breasts. Bake until chicken is cooked through-about 15-20 minutes. Garnish with basil and Parmesan cheese.
Enjoy the dinner and then get married!