The City of Brainerd along with MN Dot and Crow Wing County are hoping you can be part of planning the future! You can be part of the community discussion and virtual open house on what changes might be made to Highway 210/Washington Street. The project will begin in 2025 or thereafter, but they want to make sure they are getting the input from you in advance. Here’s the summary from the MN Dot website regarding the project.
Provide us your thoughts on the proposed road and sidewalk solutions to help improve this corridor through Brainerd for drivers, pedestrians and bicyclists. We’re excited to hear what you think! Information packets also available
- Contact MnDOT Project Manager Luke Wehseler at 218-821-0618 or firstname.lastname@example.org receive a mailed packet to your home or by email. Luke also welcomes any project questions or comments.
- At Brainerd City Hall at 501 Laurel St.
MnDOT invites and encourages participation by all. If you need an ASL, a foreign language interpreter, or other reasonable accommodation, or need documents in an alternative format (such as braille or large print), please email your request at ADArequest.email@example.com or call 651-366-4720. About this project MnDOT, Crow Wing County and the City of Brainerd need your help in planning the future Hwy 210/Washington St. through Brainerd. In 2025 or beyond, we will begin to reconstruct and improve both directions of the four-lane between Baxter Dr. and Pine Shores Rd. We are currently working together to study the corridor to better understand the community’s needs, issues and use of the roadway. Hwy 210/Washington St. from Baxter Dr. and Pine Shores Rd. in Brainerd. Click image for PDFWhen complete, this study will inform plans for future reconstruction.
- Learn from the Brainerd Lakes area community about issues, needs and use of Hwy 210
- Identify preferred roadway improvements that have community buy-in and are within budget
- Inform residents, businesses and visitors about future construction plans