Barry and Sandy’s Creamy Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese (This ain’t diet food, it’s comfort food.)
1 -16 oz pk elbow macaroni (Never use shoulder macaroni)
½ cup butter, melted (Nuttin betta than a hunk a butta)
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided (More cheese please)
1 – 12oz can evaporated milk
1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted (To dilute it is to pollute it)
1 cup milk
2 large eggs, beaten
1/8 tsp paprika (Barry doesn’t what this is and as long as that remains the case—we’re ok)
Directions: Clear your mind, crack your knuckles and prepare to make a little mac and cheese magic.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray. (This step is very important for easy clean up).
- Place cooked macaroni inside slow cooker; add butter.
- In a large bowl, plop in 3 cups cheese, evaporated milk, condensed soup, milk and eggs. Pour over macaroni mixture; stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 3 ½ to 4 hours, or until a thermometer reads at least 160 degrees.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. (Jeez, more cheez!!) Cook, covered, on low until cheese is melted – approximately 15-20 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts: Fogettaboutit and have a heapin helpin.