Pumpkin pie is good, but Fireball pumpkin pie is GREAT. That extra kick of cinnamon does wonders and we won’t tell it’s in there if you won’t.
I know you love Fireball so you might as well check out this Fireball Cake too.
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, cut into 1/2″ pieces
1 tbsp. granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
4 tbsp. ice water (or more, if needed)
1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin purée
1 1/4 c. heavy cream
1/4 c. Fireball whisky
3/4 c. packed light brown sugar
3 large eggs, beaten
1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Whipped topping, for serving
Cinnamon, for garnish
- Make crust: Place flour and butter into freezer for 30 minutes before starting crust process.
- In a large food processor, pulse flour, sugar, and salt until combined. Add butter and pulse until pea-sized and some slightly larger pieces form. With the machine running, add vinegar, then ice water into feed tube, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough starts to come together and is moist but not wet and sticky (test by squeezing some with your fingers). Mixture will be crumbly.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, form into a ball, and flatten into a disk (making sure there are no/minimal cracks).
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until dough is very cold, at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425º. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 12” circle. Drape over pie dish and gently press to fit (don’t stretch). Prick bottom with a fork, trim edge to 1”, tuck overhang under itself, and crimp. Refrigerate 30 minutes or freeze 10 minutes.
- Line crust with parchment and fill with dried beans or pie weights. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly golden, then remove parchment and weights. Reduce heat to 350º.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, cream, Fireball, brown sugar, eggs, flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into par-baked crust. Bake until filling is slightly jiggly in the middle and crust is golden, 55 to 60 minutes. Cool in turned off oven with door propped open for 1 hour, then cool completely on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
- Garnish with whipped topping and sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.