A Truck Explodes In A Burger King Drive-Thru

Somebody’s dashcam in Arkansas filmed a truck in a Burger King drive-thru that’s engulfed in flames, and then it EXPLODES.  It was carrying a 100-pound propane tank and an employee noticed it was leaking gas so she warned the driver. Fortunately he got out in time.  He suffered first-degree burns and was released from the hospital that night.


truck fire

This afternoon at approximately 1:30 p.m. Beebe Police Officers and Firemen responded to a pickup on fire in the drive through lane of the Burger King Restaurant located at 2326 Center Street in Beebe. The employees of the business reported that there was a 100 pound propane tank in the bed of the pickup truck and one of the employees noted it was releasing air and gas. She told the driver and he got out of the truck and went to check the shut off valve on the tank when the truck burst into flames. The first officer on scene made sure everyone was safely out of the building then drove around the building to make sure everyone was staying a safe distance from the burning truck. As you can see in the video that’s when the propane tank exploded. The driver of the pickup truck was injured and taken to Unity Hospital. The extent of his injuries is unknown at this time. The Beebe Fire Department responded and was quickly able to put the fire out. The outside and inside of business sustained damage.

Posted by Beebe Police Department on Friday, April 26, 2019