As if the traffic within Brainerd couldn’t get any more complicated with College Drive getting reconstructed this week…Now we have this massive hole that’s about 10 feet in the westbound side of the Washington Bridge on Highway 210 going through Brainerd.
The MnDOT has put out a Press Release with additional details that include:
- Westbound Highway 210 is closed between Fourth Street N and Fourth Street NW until further notice. A signed detour is in place along Fourth Street N, Laurel Street, and Fourth Street NW, Brainerd. Avoid the area. Expect long delays.
- MnDOT recommends using Business Highway 371/S Sixth Street and Highway 371 to cross the Mississippi River and navigate through the Baxter/Brainerd area. Or, take Mill Avenue/Crow Wing County Road 4.
- Eastbound Highway 210 will be reduced to one lane between Fourth Street N and Fourth St NW this morning, July 15 to allow crews access to the work area.
- Pedestrians are asked to use the eastbound sidewalk. The westbound sidewalk along Highway 210 is closed at the bridge. For your safety, please use the signalized intersections at Fourth Street N and Fourth St NW to cross Highway 210.
- The city of Brainerd is also reconstructing College Drive. College Drive bridge is closed and traffic is detoured using Laurel Street bridge. Learn more about this project, at ci.brainerd.mn.us.