It seems like we get one of these stories in the weird news about every 6 months or so, but this one is truly unique.
This week we had stories on a man using a blow torch on his yard and burning down 3 houses, and we had a story about a man trying to kill bed bugs by putting out a cigarette on them. ( guess what happened?) Then there’s this guy.
Dave Schmida set fire to the roof of his house when he tried to use Roman candles to get rid of a hornet’s nest. He first tried spraying the nest with Raid, but when that didn’t work he got a box of fireworks — which are illegal in Massachusetts, by the way — and aimed them at the nest.
The first two missed the nest and hit the side of the house, but the third one set the nest ablaze — and the home’s siding with it. Fortunately for him he was able to put out the fire before it spread, and luckily for us, his brother caught all of the stupidity on video.
This was NOT the best way to take down a hornet’s nest pic.twitter.com/Geuxcnqdhr
— Matthew Schmida (@mschmida) August 12, 2019